I spent my last day in Tokyo at the Ueno Zoo.
Some of the sakura trees in the park were in bloom. There were a few random groups having hanami parties on blue tarp and virtually every other person was huddled under the blossoms with their cameras/phones/camcorders out.
The main attraction at the zoo atm are two pandas on loan from China. Did you know that most countries have to pay China $1 million a year for their pandas?
In any case, the line was MASSIVE, so naturally I just snuck to the back and zoomed in on Ri Ri (or was it Shin Shin?) with my camera. I mean, sure they’re cute, but panda, please, I am not going to wait 30+ minutes to look at them up close.
I went down to Tokyo on Wednesday night and got back at 5 this morning. Of course I proceeded to conk out until nearly 6 PM! In the name of productivity, I unpacked my bag and took a picture of my physical non-receipt remnants of my trip.
1. New iPhone charger: I forgot mine at the most horrible manga kissa in all of existence and you can read a bit about my night in the lovely review I left on that site.
2. A-Yo print: Over the Rainbow Once More Exhibit at The Museum of Contemporary Art
3. Amrita by Banana Yoshimoto
4. Sleeveless button-down from Forever21
7. Foundation: I forgot mine
8. F21 Necklace: I am going to start wearing them :le gasp:
9. F21 Earrings
10. H&M Earrings
11. Perfectly light blue jeans from H&M
12. Gray H&M blazer: Because I really need one. I sacrificed buying a funky black and neon yellow dress and a ombre orange top for this.
13. Dried food from an interesting Lawson combo store: I had to kill 30 minutes before catching a 11:55 bus. I ended up having to sit in the cold for 20 minutes anyway.
14. Gross bread that I thought was filled with blueberries but ended up being beans
15. Lovely apple tea
16. Cool anemone pens: Had to do because I didn’t like the prints for the Lee Bul exhibit. It was fantastic. I was worried I would hate it because she does mostly sculptural things but it was so. good.
17. Print of an adorable figurine made during the Tang Dynasty with the cutest little hands: From the Ceramics exhibit at the Suntory Museum of Art
18. Fruit gummies
19. Dry shampoo: A travel necessity that I forgot to pack
20. Earrings from Don Quixote: I also forgot to bring nose rings.
21. 3D glasses: I watched Hugo. I really do not understand why it was so well-received. There were so many unnecessary scenes, Chloë Grace Moretz was horrible, and it tried too hard to be funny/sad/touching/etc.
22. A monkey print
23. Print of a celadon ewer made in the Goryeo Period: It looks like a bamboo shoot!!
I budgeted myself 5 man and I spent ~49700 yen.
Shopping includes everything from prints to personal hygiene products.
Entertainment includes exhibits and things like my movie ticket and entrance to the Ueno Zoo.
I spent a ridiculous amount on food and drinks. I drank coffee every time I had to kill time. I ate when I didn’t even feel like eating. Why, you ask? Well, my dear. Simply because I could and I knew I wasn’t going to eat this well back home. Do you know where you can get a souffle for brunch in Koriyama??? Because I sure as hell don’t.